This is pretty simple just like what you see on my blog.
I adapted this method from http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=8411&page&replies=23. Thanks to sockcavern.
So, here we go:
- Make sure you have a PayPal account.
- Login in to your PayPal account.
- On the tab bar, choose “Merchant Tools”.
- In the left sidebar, choose “Website Payment Standards”.
- Under “Website Payment Standards” choose “Feature List”.
- Scroll down. Under “Payment Processing Options” find “Donations”.
- Click “Set it up”.
- In the “Donation Name/Service” field, enter a name for the project.
- In the “Donation ID/Number” field, you can enter any number or leave it blank.
- In the “Donation Amount” field, leaving it blank lets the donor decide how much to give.
- Choose a currency and country. (Probably that which you expect to receive most donations in and from, but you can choose any you like.)
- Scroll down to “Security Settings”.
- Choose “No” (Your email address will display to the donor, but the transaction will be secure.)
- Click “Create Button Now”.
- Ignore the “HTML Code for Websites” box. I said ignore it.
- In the “Link for Emails” box, there is another code. Copy it.
- Modify the code you have copied with change below:
<a href="this is the code what you have copied"><img src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" mce_src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" alt="Please make some donations"></a>
- Open your WordPress Dashboard, go to “Presentation”.
- Click on “Widgets”.
- Make sure you have drag “Text 1″ onto left side panel.
- Give a title for the widget, for example “Donations” then paste the code there.
- If you want to make your button in center position, just put
<div align="center">in beginning then
</div>in ending of code line.
- Save your widget change by clicking “Save Changes” button.
- Congratulations! You just have a PayPal Donation button.
PS: You can change the button look by choosing one of these:
Copy image link of button you have choosed then replace it in
<img SRC="this is your button image link" />. You can just even create your own button if you wanted to.
I hope this will worthy for you. Happy donating!