- In PowerPoint, highlight the slide where you want the music to start.
- From the menu, choose:
INSERT > MOVIES AND SOUNDS > SOUND FROM FILE
- Browse in dialog box to choose music file. Answer “Do you want your sound to play automatically in the slide show?”
- You will see a sound icon on your slide. Reposition icon.
- To adjust playback options, right-click sound icon and choose CUSTOM ANIMATION. Choose EFFECT OPTION from drop-down list.
- PowerPoint will automatically embed supported sound files up to 100K in size. Files larger than the default setting will be linked, not embedded.
- To increase the default to 50,000K in size, choose:
TOOLS > OPTIONS
- In the OPTIONS dialog box, select the GENERAL tab. Change 100 Kb to any number up to 50,000 Kb. Click OK.
- Files larger than the selected size will be linked, not embedded. You must copy linked files with your presentation file to transport your presentation. Embedded sound files are part of your presentation file.